Dynamo,. Instruction for beginners
A short review article for those who just understands the world of other m working procedures in Revite, in particular – is developing scripts Dynamo
What. it is
Dynamo – is the environment for a visual programming. Visual means that you do not need to write code. At least most of the time. Dynamo scripts created using nodes – nodes or blocks which you combine with each other to obtain an algorithm. What nodes are connected, usually referred to in a simple noodle
Here is an example of an elementary algorithm,. The sum of two numbers. I took two input node including a node that summarizes, or node, which shows the result. All connected and received the amount. . The algorithm is visual and intuitive
In the picture above was the following, the node the Categories from the drop down list, I chose the category Pipes. Then exit from this node pulled noodles and connect it to the input node «All Elements of Category». This node receives a list of all the elements of the specified category. That is, I got a list of all the pipes, which are in Revita file
Then took nodom Element.GetParameterValueByName -. Element.PoluchitZnachenieParametraPoImeni. This node is two inputs and one output. On the upper inlet feeding element – a list of the pipes, the lower input – name of the parameter data which want to receive. The output is a value of the parameter System Name. Each item in the list corresponds to the pipe in the project
The style of writing without gaps and with each word with a capital letter -. VotTakoyStilNapisaniya – called Camel Case, ie camel case. Line gets humped type
Nod «Code Block» -. This node, in which you can enter numbers, text and program code in Design Script. In this case, a quoted text inscribed with the name of the parameter.
This is the visual programming. You connect noodles node, end up with a certain algorithm.
- Import / Export Excel, txt, csv, jpeg
- Creating a curved geometry
- Copy or move items in Revit
- Create elements in Revit (walls, floors, columns, beams, to place elements of the point / multi-point, text, 2D elements -uzla)
- creation kinds of sheets, the addition of species to the sheets
- Adding general settings in the project, create common parameters
- Creating and editing Specification
- fill / Edit / delete options
- Opening query window to populate fields / entering information
- Create a folder on your computer
- Copy / delete files on your computer < / li>
- Link to the database SQL
- Open file Revit
- Batch printing sheet
- The reinforcement elements in Revit
- Convert elements in DWG elements Revit
- editing e log file Revit
- Managing work sets
- Create a static specifications and diagrams of the 2D-lines, 2D-elements and text
- Please install Dynamo 1.3.2 – this is the last version that supports Revit 2016
- Next, set the Dynamo 2.0.0+ – it will be a version for Revit 2019
Most of the challenges are not solved some nodes, and more and use code in Python, has a separate node for it. But for beginners who have just begun to explore, we must first deal with the nodes algorithms, and only then take up the programming.
Where to Dynamo
If you are working in Revite 2020 the Dynamo already included in the program. Go to the tab Manage → right are two buttons in the block visual programming on the tape,
If you are running versions of under 2020 the Dynamo need to download. This can be done with a special site with all versions of assemblies Dynamo – Dinamobilds. There will be two tables, Most stable and Daily. Need Most Stable – most workers
And now a little dance with a tambourine.. If you have a version of Revit 2016, you have to work in it + are going to use the Dynamo, and also installed Revit 2019 where you will also need to Dynamo, it is necessary to install the version of the Dynamo in a certain order,
ol> p >
In 2017 and 2018 version when running the program will be the choice of which version to use Dynamo, 1.3.2 or 2.0.0 +
Why such complexity and the differences between 2.0 and 1.3? Quite simply, from 2019 Revita Dynamo 1.3.2 is not supported and if you install 1.3.3, it deletes the previous version, resulting in Revit 2016 remains without Dynamo. So we have to go to such tricks.
If you are just starting work in the Dynamo, then put the version 2.0.0+. It’s still the most current assembly and it is unlikely you are using the 2016 version of Revita. At the same time, some scripts versions prior to 2.0 will not work properly in the latest Dynamo, so any version 1.3 deliver the same cost.
Where to get scripts
At Google, guys. There are English website dynamobim.ru, there is foreign analogue dynamobim.com. There lay out scripts, tips to them, well, sit any real monsters that rummage in this topic. Well, Mr. and English forum Avtodeska too short tadpole dinamschikov. In a good way. English in finding and solving problems with scripts greatly assist
How to run scripts
There are two ways,. From the very Dynamo and Dynamo from the player. For a beginner easy to use player. Run it, you specify the folder where are the scripts, and then click on Play at the desired script. Also in the player, you can specify some input by pressing the calculator. I have it so call it, I xs that there portrayed the authors actually.
You can change the input data, such as parameters the name of which will be recorded the final data or specify the path to the Excel which will be unloaded Information .
The second way – to launch a full-fledged Dynamo, open it in the script and click the bottom left button «start»
the Player Pros -. all the time at hand, you can conveniently enter data. Minus – the scripts are processed in it longer, and if you get an error, you can not immediately understand it’s something critical or normal. This next paragraph.
What can go wrong
Before the fuck all. But no need to be afraid, everything is solved. Or not. You can always press Ctrl + Z and back as it was. Despite the long list of things that can go wrong, do not be afraid, just keep poking around, then it will be easier. Check for yourself. Let’s go over the possible errors,
1. The player you specify a path to the folder Dynamo scripts, and it will show that there is nothing in the folder. Check the script file extension. Revita for 2017 it should be .DYN, and 2018 versions – .dyn. In 2015 version seems to be working with .dyn.
2. The script can generate an error. It happens, but it does not always mean that the script is done incorrectly. Sometimes it’s okay, because it turned out to be somewhere in an empty list, any operator of multiplication because of this ofigel, but once the list was empty, there was no facilities for processing. This means that either the object did not have a script and worked in vain, or objects that fit the conditions are processed, and all the rules
The beginner will have to check it in Revite,. Everything is filled up and be counted or not. More experienced climb dinamschik already in the script and will look mistakes there.
Sometimes the script you need to run 2-3 times that it worked well and filled in all the parameters. Try several times to run, if the error does not go away, then all schools in the script exactly there.
3. You have downloaded a script, and there were packets that have not been established. This is a direct biggest jamb Dynamo. On the one hand, the Dynamo can load the third-party packages from other developers, and it is not weak expands features, but at the same time, if you do not simply do not have this package, and even a version not the same, then everything can go on the genitals. In good, these packages should be integrated into your script, and not depend on what you have there is further established. But how to do, so they did. Moreover, some scripts from version 1.3 does not operate normally in the 2.0 +
If you go to a script that did not find any package, the script block will be marked in red (and sometimes error marked with an exclamation sign). The problem is that it is not always easy to understand, from a package this node. So if you can do it without someone else’s unit, it is better to do by conventional methods without him. Always sign or that of the node from which the package and its version.
The packages are loaded from the top menu. A window opens, it is necessary to wait for the server to load, and then type the name of the package. Most popular, Clockwork, Bakery, Archi-lab, Rhythm, Ampersand. I advise you to download them as soon as you start to write something of their own, though always remember about their duplicity.